13 February 2018

Vows of Renewal


We were married 21 December 1991. 
These are my renewal vows for my Twenty-fifth Anniversary, 21 December 2016
  
When I learned that I couldn’t create 
A love of my own
Out of the ash of human conceit…
When I’d convinced myself 
Even God couldn’t love me,
I had to learn to show Him love by loving me
And learn how to give love unselfishly
Then He sent a miraculous gift…
He sent the gift of you …
My *Pashmaloo e kachal…
To show the Truth of love only He could create.
His Word teaches from the very beginning
We were meant for each other always

Always and always to find myself in you
Soul to Soul… complete… made whole.

It’s the truth of our human experience
We must ever be seeking each other
Even from across the wide ocean
Pressed down and shaken together 
God blessed me with you,
And blessed me again with the miracle of our son.
I thank God for every breath I’ve taken,
Every breath I will ever take as your wife.
I thank you for all the respect…
All the love you’ve always shown me,
Your one and only *Khonom mushé…
And again dedicate myself for only you 
I will honor you for all the time God gives me.

Always and always to find myself in you
Soul to Soul… complete… made whole.


Genesis 2: 14, 18, 22 & 24 “The Lord God took man and put him in the Garden… said ‘It is not good for the man to be alone…’ Then the Lord God made woman… and brought her to the man… For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the will become one flesh.”

Luke 6:38 “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

Mark 10:7-9 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become no flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”

I Corinthians 13:4 & 7 - 8
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud… It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres… Love never fails.”

* “Pashmaloo e kachal means fuzzy bald guy
* “Khonom mushé” means Mrs. Cutie Mouse


by D. Denise Dianaty
© 20 August 2014

Pick up your own copy of my first book of poetry at My Life In Poetry


No comments:

Post a Comment