29 September 2017

Shadowed Forests of the Past

A poem of a place I left behind when “Hope was born anew…”

Bad old, dark places…
Places where my life no longer dwells…
Looking back upon the past…
That wasting, dark, drear past…
Come words from a long ago
Where my soul no longer cowers.

A place of wrenching loneliness 
always on the edge of light,
waiting to drag me back…
back into it's embrace….
I just kept trying to hold on, 
trying to hold out for love; 

But, every day that passed without it, 
Loneliness lurked to overwhelm.
And, darker still, monsters lurked…
Monsters lurked at every… every turn…
Soul shattering dramas spun out
in relentless perversions of hope.

Until that pivotal moment…
that time when change began…
Change began and Hope was born…
Hope born anew within my breast.
In that Hope, on angel’s breath…
An angel-friend led me forward.

She led me through the dark
and back to light and Faith.
I learned the true Me…
the truest Me I was meant to be
And learning Me, I learned Love.
Learning Love, I learned to love.

It's a truly blessed state…
In brilliant shining sunlight…
A place of laughter and love and joy…
Such have I found for myself…
After the long, dark road through tortured, 
shadowed forests of the past.

© 19 September 2014 MomzillaNC

No comments:

Post a Comment