18 October 2017

Through True Love’s Eyes

True love is generous and supportive; it will always set itself apart with a joy that, in comparison, exposes the manipulative self-obsession of users whose interest only ever serves themselves.

I’ve been through fire… left alone to dance…
Been pulled from the ash heap of romance…

At last set free in joy, a gift from above…
To share the soul mates’ journey of true love…

For him and me, a promise… not of ease,
But, we’ll not go alone through life’s unease.

And here you come, thinking that hope to dash,
But, I see true… your words are blackest ash…

With smiles struggling through my tears…
From new eyes I see your barren fears.

You dole out handfuls of mediocrity…
While true love is lost in your superiority.

Your every cause only kindling trauma…
Your Shanghaied pain is naught but drama…

You are nothing…raping, stealing voices of pain
From some other heart’s regret. Your pleas I disdain.
©D. Denise Dianaty
31 August 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment