01 April 2015

Poem: "Monsters"

Original Pen & Ink drawing/painting, by D. Denise Dianaty

Monsters, monsters everywhere…
Mother monster too wounded to care…
Monster peers so vile…
Kindred monsters, secrets keeping…

Hounding, pounding, clutching, tearing…
Monster peers catching you out of sight…
Ripping cloth, clutching you and dragging…
To hateful, vile purpose.

Kindred monsters, can’t be trusted…
Touching, whispering loathsome words…
Hidden moments, scarring the soul…
Keep the secret or worse will come.

Belts swing, bruises rise black and purple…
Cutting deep, whipping, lashing switches…
Monster Mother played out her rage…
Her wounded soul striped ‘pon her babes.

I wasn’t becoming the monster I hated…
I was falling… falling… falling…
Down a black, endless chasm…
Toward complete self obliteration.

Until a new friend, sister of my heart…
Walked me out of the darkness…
Picked me up, egged me on…
Wouldn’t let me stop ’til we embraced the light!


by D. Denise Dianaty
© 21 August 2014

Dedicated to Diane, the best Christian example I could have known. The Lord used her to draw me back to Him. In His infinite Grace, He made her the sister of my heart. Through Him, she led me out of pain and darkness, and wouldn't let me stop, refused to leave me behind. Because of her, I became the person my husband grew to love… the person who learned to be loved.






Pick up your own copy of my first book of poetry, entitled My Life In Poetry at D. Denise Dianaty

No comments:

Post a Comment