10 September 2017

So Far Away

A poem about not being taken back in by the wrong person, and of what's to be gained by embracing the right one. It’s specifically about the last boyfriend I had, and the healing love of my husband.

Stolen… lost moments…
Deep hidden places…
Secret longing ache…
Rising ‘pon the precipice… falling…
Undulating, rushing sound…
Wall of music… rising pain…
Feeling like it’s all been done…
Got to go through Hell
To get to my Heaven
So far away…

I heard you crying loud…
Wailing outside my door…
Stealing voice from my pain…
Never thinking…
Of how things might’ve been.
Taking me… taking me down…
Tearing me apart.
Was it just a game for you?
Making me a fool… lost…
So far away…

To this door you have no key.
It’s closed to you forevermore.
My wounded heart bides
In this sweet healing space.
What you lost, he gains…
Through trust… and gentle knocking…
Healing drams of love…
Laid at my feet, softly waiting.
Opening to love, I give my hand…
He whispers me a kiss…
Far from you… from pain… he takes me
So far away.

©D. Denise Dianaty
27 August 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment